Last updated: April 26, 2023, 6:03 AM IST
WhatsApp is expanding its multi-device feature to support additional smartphones, allowing users to access and send messages from multiple phones associated with the same account.
The feature previously allowed access to WhatsApp on additional Android tablets, browsers or computers in addition to the primary phone.
The service is rolling out the feature, which is owned by the Meta messaging service, as “One WhatsApp account, now on multiple phones” in the coming weeks.
Drumroll please… You can now use the same WhatsApp account on multiple phones ☎️
Link up to 4 other devices to your account so you can easily switch between phones without logging out and continue your chats where you left off. pic.twitter.com/Loqa30EgHk
– Whatsapp Whatsapp) April 25, 2023
10 EASY STEPS
- Update your WhatsApp app to the latest version.
- Open WhatsApp and navigate to the three dots in the top right corner.
- Select “Paired devices” from the menu.
Tap “Multi-Device Beta” and enable the feature.
- Follow the prompts to set up a second phone with your existing WhatsApp account.
- Select the “Link to existing account” option during installation and generate a QR code.
- Use the primary WhatsApp phone to scan the QR code from the “Link a device” option in the settings.
- Once the secondary phone is linked, you can access and send messages from both phones that are linked to the same account.
- If the primary device is inactive for more than 14 days, WhatsApp will log other devices out.
- Enjoy seamless official support and synchronization between operating systems with a message history of up to a year.
WhatsApp markets the feature as useful for small businesses that may want multiple employees to be able to send and receive messages from the same work number on different phones, The Verge reported.
However, it should also come in handy for anyone who uses multiple smartphones and wants them all linked to the same WhatsApp account.
Read all the latest technical news here