Chinese tech giant Xiaomi announced a specialized phone support service for seniors in India on Thursday. This initiative aims to provide telephone configuration services to seniors who may experience difficulties in visiting service centers for various reasons.
Here’s how to use the Xiaomi Phone Setup service
– To use the services, customers must follow a few simple steps.
– They can choose their desired service by scanning a QR code and fill in their personal details to continue.
– Once the personal data has been submitted, a Xiaomi service representative will contact the customer to verify the type of service and eligibility by checking their PIN.
– When done, a Xiaomi service representative will be at your doorstep at the earliest.
– The customers can also collect tokens through a hotline number 1800 103 6286 and on Whatsapp number – 8861826286.
According to the company, this benefit is only available to seniors who live within 12 miles of their nearest service center. Other clients can also avail the services but will have to pay a nominal fee of Rs 249 plus taxes.
In the first phase, the service will initially go live in 15 cities including Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Noida and Pune.
The doorstep phone support service will be a game-changer and will set a new benchmark for customer service, Xiaomi India said in a statement.
“This service is specially designed for our seniors who are unable to visit the Service Center for various reasons. By offering free home service for a limited period of time, we want to encourage our users to stay better connected with our teams and enable us to deliver a smooth service. We will continue to align our efforts to make our services accessible to a wider network of customers in the coming years,” said Muralikrishnan B, President of Xiaomi India.
Read all the latest technical news here