Edited by: Sharya Sharma
Last updated: January 27, 2023, 5:53 PM IST
Meta recently rolled out a slew of new features for its widely used apps, such as Instagram and WhatsApp. One of the latest updates is the introduction of a new feature, which allows users to have both an avatar and a traditional display photo on their Instagram profile. This means that when someone visits the user’s profile, they can ‘switch’ between the avatar and the traditional display image.
“Now you can add your avatar to the other side of your photo — and people who visit your profile can switch between the two,” Instagram said on Twitter.
New profile picture, who is this? You can now add your avatar to the other side of your photo — and people who visit your profile can switch between the two pic.twitter.com/hEyzW4G19W
— Instagram (@instagram) January 24, 2023
How do you use the ‘Dynamic’ profile picture feature on Instagram?
If you’ve already created an avatar on other meta-platforms like Facebook or WhatsApp, you don’t need to create one again for Instagram as it will appear on Instagram. All you have to do is go to Edit Profile > Tap on your avatar > and turn on the switch that says ‘Add to Profile Picture’.
But if you haven’t created an avatar yet, here’s how to do it:
- Open Instagram and access your profile.
- Then tap Edit Profile.
- Now tap on Edit image or avatar and go to the second tab.
- Tap Create Avatar.
- Choose your skin color, clothes, hairstyle, face shape, etc.
- Once you’re done creating an avatar, tap your avatar > and turn on the “Add to profile picture” switch to enable the new profile picture feature.
- Now people who visit your profile can switch between your profile picture and your avatar.
Read all the latest technical news here