Every year, Raksha Bandhanis celebrated with great pomp and ceremony across the country. The day celebrates the unique bond that siblings share. From slipping into the role of a friend to wearing the mantle of a parent, siblings share a bond that is incomparable. In India, the importance of this relationship is celebrated with the festival of Raksha Bandhanand is signified by the tying of a sacred thread (Raki) around the hands of brothers by their sisters. With this, the siblings promise to protect each other in the face of the many challenges that life will always present them.
This year, Raksha Bandhan falls on August 22, Sunday. Like last year, celebrations are expected to be muted as people across the country remain cautious in the face of the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.
However, this doesn’t mean that the day doesn’t have to be any less special for all revelers. To help your sibling understand just how much they mean to you, check out this list of curated wishes.
Here are the quotes and wishes for Raksha Bandhan 2021:
- You are my best friend, my guide, my mentor and my guardian. I know you are just a thought away and for that I am eternally grateful. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Thank you for being my partner in crime and my loudest cheerleader. I love you today and always. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Happy Raksha Bandhan to my greatest secret keeper and my pillar of strength. With you as my sister/brother I don’t need much else.
- You must have done something good that God has blessed you with a sibling like me. For laughing at this and all my other bad jokes, thank you. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- We are miles apart but still connected because we are anchored in each other’s hearts forever. Happy Rashi!
- From my bully to my protector, you’ve been the best sibling I could ask for. Happy Rashi!
- Dear sister/brother, I promise that I will always protect you, today and always. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Thank you for understanding my silence and understanding my gibberish. Growing up with you was a party like no other.
- I can’t thank my stars enough for being born as your sister/brother. You will always be my hero. Happy Rashi!
- May this Raksha Bandhan bring love, light and endless happiness. You deserve it all and more.
- It was an absolute honor to call you my brother or sister. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- Thinking of you and all the memories we made together on this special day. Happy Raksha Bandhan!
- I can’t imagine how colorless my life would have been without your charm and love. Happy Rakhi, brother/sister!
- Nobody understands me like you. You are my strongest ally and closest companion. Happy Rakhi, dear sister/brother!
- Distance can do little to separate those who are joined by the heart. I send you love and wishes on this special day. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
- My brother may not always be by my side, but he is always in my heart. Happy Raksha Bandhan.
Take a moment to send your sibling a wish to tell them you are thinking of them on this special day.
Click for more trending news