The authorities of Sadiq Nagar’s ‘The Indian School’ said on Thursday, despite two bomb threats since November last year, that they continue to wait for a response from the security services on the identity of the perpetrator.
The recent threat was made via an email on April 12 that said there were bombs at the property, after which the school was evacuated while the bomb squad and other agencies inspected the property for explosives. The email was later declared a hoax.
“It has been more than a week since we received the second bomb threat email. We have not received any response from the security services regarding the identity of the perpetrator. The first bomb threat was received on November 22 and remains unsolved to date.” said the school board.
They claimed to have appealed to the agencies several times.
“There are 3,000 students between the ages of 3 and 18 and 200 staff on campus,” they said, adding that answering questions from parents about the perpetrator has become a major challenge.
They want to know who is behind these threats and why that person has not yet been found and punished, authorities said.
The police did not immediately respond to this.
A similar bomb threat was also received via a phone call from the school authorities in November 2022, which was also later declared a hoax.
(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by NewsMadura staff and is being published from a syndicated feed.)